Thanks to the help and advice from the Mind Education
Center, we have established a new organization – the Mind River Club.The main goal of the club is
to give children in difficult circumstances in Vietnam an opportunity for a better future life. To
alleviate the hardships and deprivation of the children, our club wants to improve their knowledge,
as well as induce in them more energy and determination to overcome the difficulties in life. The
club wishes to help the children acquire basic knowledge of English, necessary to achieve success
in the modern world, by sharing the opportunities of education. The activity of the club will help
both the members and the children acquire the experience of personal development and commitment,
interpersonal skills, as well as better understanding of ourselves and other people.
This is a brief summary of the club’s plans for the near
1. In June, members of the club will meet the children in Hanoi SOS Children’s Village in order to
prepare and organize the program of teaching English to children in difficult circumstances.
2. The club will give 3 computers as gifts and will guide the children in the SOS Village how to
use the computers.
3. In July, the first group of volunteers: Vuong Sy Anh, Hoang Duc Hieu, Hoang Kasia and Hoang
Melissa, will teach English to the children directly in the SOS Village for a month.
4. In August, the next group of volunteers: Phan Vu Linda and Phan Vu Hong Nhat (Xiem), a Princeton
University student, will come to Vietnam and help the children in the SOS
5. The club will build an online
system, which will enable the continuation of the teaching program.
6. Members of the club hope to co-operate with the students from Vietnam.
Vuong Si Anh